Reviewers who have an Amazon Associates account can earn 4-6% referral fees if someone clicks on an Associates account link and buys a copy of the book. (To become an Amazon Associate click here.) Here’s how to do it:
1. Go to Amazon.com.
2. Search for the book.
3. A the top of your screen you will see an Amazon Associates bar or “site stripe.” If you’ve closed the bar, there will be a tab in the upper left corner. Click it and the bar will open.
4. Click on “Link to this page” tab.
5. A dialog box will open. If given the option between image or text only, choose “text only.”
6. You will see a long paragraph of html code. Find and highlight the URL only. It will look something like this:
8. When you submit your review to Dactyl Review, paste this link code in the space provided on the online form.
When readers click on a book title in your reviews, they will be directed to Amazon.com, and if they purchase books or any other product, you will earn a fee.
Dactyl Review will also provide links to books sold at any other online bookstore with which you have a similar arrangement. If the reviewer does not wish to earn referral fees, Dactyl Review reserves the right to earn referral fees for books reviewed by that reviewer.